How Does the Power Save Unit work?
The Power Save Unit reduces the amount of power drawn from the utility by storing ( in its capacitors) otherwise lost electricity (watts) caused by the inductive motors in your home. (Some examples of inductive motors are Air Conditioning units, refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, pool pumps, vacuum cleaners, furnace blower motors, fans, etc.) The technology applied by the Power Save Unit supplies that stored electricity back to your inductive loads, thus causing you to decrease your demand from the utility. If you decrease your demand from the utility your meter slows down, and you use less electricity. The thought is, you've already paid for that electricity, why pay for it and waste it when you can pay for it, store it, and reuse it again. The whole process is called power factor optimization.
What is Power Factor?
Power factor is the percentage of electricity that's delivered to your house and used effectively, compared to what is wasted. For example, a 1.0 power factor means that all the electricity that's being delivered to your home is being used effectively for its purpose. However, most homes in North America today have a .77 power factor or less. This means that 77% of the electricity that is coming thru your meter at your home or business is being used effectively, the other 23% is being wasted by your inductive load. With a low power factor, the utility has to deliver more electricity to do the same work. However, the Power Save Unit increases that power factor in most cases to .97 or .98, thus increasing the effective use of your electricity and lowering your usage.
Does the Power Save Unit work in any home?
Yes it does, as long as you have a circuit breaker panel with breaker switches and not the old screw in type fuses, the unit will work on any single-phase electrical application for homes.
Do you have a 3-phase Power Save Unit for businesses available yet?
Will the Power Save Unit affect any of my appliances and their normal use?
No, if anything, your motors will run 10% cooler, which is good for a motor because heat is the enemy of a motor.
Is the Power Save Unit tested and approved by independent labs?
Yes, the Power Save Unit is UL listed and tested, and has also been tested by the University of Santa Clara California's Electrical Engineering department, of which the results are available on our website. Also, the technology is recognized by the U.S. Departmant of Energy see their fact sheet by clicking the link below: www1.eere.energy.gov/industry/bestpractices/pdfs/mc60405.pdf
How much can I expect to save per month by using the Power Save Unit?
That depends on many factors. The size of your home, the amount of inductive motor load, and the amount you are paying per kilowatt-hour for electricity, etc. However generally speaking users of the product have seen up to 25% in reduced consumption, but the average savings is somewhere in the 15% to 20% range.
How long will it take for the Power Save Unit to pay for itself?
Generally about 6-12 months, but again, the same factors above apply, some will see sooner (6 months), some will see later (12 months).
How long will the Power Save Unit last?
It has a predicted lifespan of up to 20 years.
Why haven't I heard of this product until now?
That's easy, two words "cost effectiveness". Up until recently, electric rates throughout America were cheap, costing 2, 3, or 4 cents per kilowatt-hour. Now, electric rates are 8, 10, 12, 14, and 19 and in some cases New York City is 22 cents per Kwh, and Hawaii is 33.5 cents per Kwh. At the cheaper rates the Power Save Unit didn't make sense, but at the current rates, it makes all the sense in the world.
What about Power Save Unit Surge Protection?
The Power Save Unit also protects the entire home against power surges. No longer a need for so many surge protectors in the home. The unit provides a broad range of protection for hardwired appliances and most home electronics such as televisions, satellite equipment, entertainment systems, etc. The unit protects from power surges as well as spikes caused by internal wiring problems, loose connections and fluctuating demand from large motors such as appliances, vacuum cleaners, heating and cooling equipment, etc.
Is the Power Save Unit Warrantied?
Yes, 5 year Manufacturers Warranty for full replacement.
Is there a "Money Back Guarantee?"
Yes, 60 day money back guarantee. If in 60 days, you don't see reduction in usage on your electric bill, call us and let us know, and we'll give you details on how to return the unit for a full refund of the purchase price. Installation cost will not be refunded.
155 Broad St.
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Call Us: 570-420-0567
Toll Free: 877-620-2567
Call Us: 570-420-0567
Toll Free: 877-620-2567
The Power Save Unit has a predicted lifespan of up to 20 years.
5 year Manufacturers Warranty for full replacement.
60 day money back guaranteed!
Email Us: email@example.com